Barbara’s Puffins Pumpkin Energy Bites
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puffins (1 cup left whole for center of bites, 1 cup crushed for outer coating)
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor combine oats, peanut butter, pumpkin puree, honey, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and salt. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined, leaving some texture from the oats.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. While the mixture is cooling, crush 1 cup of Pumpkin Puffins and dump onto plate. Measure out another cup of Pumpkin Puffins; leave whole and set aside.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a leveled spoonful of the cooled mixture and press flat into palm. Place one whole Pumpkin Puffin into the center and wrap mixture around it forming a ball shape. Roll the ball in crushed Pumpkin Puffins and set on cookie sheet to set. Repeat with remaining mixture and Puffins.
Store bites in the refrigerator in an airtight container – perfect for morning breakfasts on-the-go, lunches or a mid-afternoon snack!